PDA

View Full Version : OT: Coming to you...

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
31-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Just thought I'd let you know, I'm posting now using Jetstream Surf 256k unlimited. Yes, alot of trouble came and went, finally ok now. It's good to be on 256k

But seriously, the change is not as big as 56k->128k. That was MASSIVE!. This feels the same, download speed faster though.

:D

PoWa
31-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Run this program (http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/decimato/UsageMeter.zip). It will tell you your usage.

:^O

Terry Porritt
01-04-2004, 08:55 AM
So sy, do you feel that the change from 128k to 256k is worth the extra cost?

Greg S
01-04-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm quite pleased with the upgrade from 128 to 256. Browsing the Net seems about the same, but downloads are a lot better, and gaming pings are marginally quicker. All for the same cost as before... $50 per month all up - 3gig - which is more than I need as I haven't gone over 2.2 gigs in the year I've been on adsl

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
01-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Ok, Terry, give you an advice Go here (http://www.telecom.co.nz/chm/0,5123,200343-202482,00.html) Type in your phone number as username, Telecom as password. It might say you need to be on proper Jetstream, but it should still work on Jetstart. Log in, view usage, then work out the highest amount you use (the Xtra usage meter does not have national traffic, this one does) commonly, ignore the odd month when you did something unusual. Then post back with that amount, and how you use the internet, e.g surfing only? Video-conferencing? Linux downloads? MP3 download, and how much downloading of program/files u do a month.

If that Telecom meter doesn't work out, just post back with something from Xtras usage meter... please tell us if that is what you give.

I (and many others) should be able to give you a more accurate advice then. Remember what you use in 128k will be much less that 256 esp. for video conferencing, because you are download twice as much over the same time.

As I said, web surfing is about the same, but download, better...

:D

CYaBro
01-04-2004, 05:04 PM
I heard,the other day, something that may interest anyone on the 256k 10GB plan.

Apparantly Telecom have no way, at the moment, to throttle you back to 64k once you hit the 10GB limit! They are still trying to figure out how they are going to do it. :D

It would be interesting to see, from those who are on this plan, if this is true.