PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 Shutdown

Farcry
31-03-2004, 05:20 PM
I have had problems with my PC not shutting down when I instruct to do so, instead, it restarts once it looks like it has shut down and I have not had a problem with this before. Also, I have checked that I have the most up-to-date Windows updates, which looks all O.k, so would appreciate some advice.

zqwerty
31-03-2004, 07:02 PM
I have this problem as well. I reinstalled/repaired option to fix another problem and ever since then, my Win2K system always restarts even though I have told it to shut down. I have looked into this extensively and have not been able to find out why.

Rob.

Steve Askew
31-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Found the following at Google

Have you checked your BIOS power settings? Make certain the "Wake on Modem Ring" and "Wake on PCI PME" are set to "Stay Off." If they are not, change them and see what happens. I had your problem on a brand new computer and it drove me to distraction until I found out about the PCI PME setting. Mine was set to Stay On and when I changed is to Stay Off the problem disappeared and has not returned.

Steve

zqwerty
01-04-2004, 01:21 AM
My computer is dual boot, I have Win98SE on as well as Win2K. Win98SE is fine only Win2k exhibits the problem.

Rob.