PDA

View Full Version : adobe/acrobat--reader

effie C
31-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi,
I see two icons on my screen - Adobe reader v 6 and Acrobat reader v5- as far as I am aware they do the same job-- or not
Can I delete the Acrobat reader?
effie c

Billy T
31-03-2004, 03:23 PM
It is unlikely that you have both V5 and V6 as separate installations, but right-click the screen icons and check in Properties to see where the shortcut points to on your HDD.

If they are different addresses, uninstall V5 and stick with V6.

If they both point to the same address or both bring up the same program (but V5 and V6 look different so you'd probably notice that) then just delete the screen icon for V5.

You only need one of them.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Murray P
31-03-2004, 03:23 PM
V6 should have overwritten or uninstalled V5. Right click the V5 shortcut icon > click Properties > Find Target. Hopefully it wont be able to find anything and it will be safe to delete the shortcut. If it finds V6 you should be safe to delete the shurtcut. If it finds V5 there might be something on your machine that depends on it ?? but I think it would be safe to remove V5 via Add Remove Programs in Control Panel. Back up first to be sure.

Cheers Murray P

effie C
31-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi,
Thank you gentlemen- that made me think back - and I installed a Acrobat v5 which was part of and older CD program,- this after I already had the v 6 set up- and being an older one I assume it did not challenge me on install
well done
effie c

zqwerty
31-03-2004, 04:44 PM
I too have v5 and v6 on my system and I find that v5 is better than v6 on Win98SE when it comes to printing from the program. Try printing the same file from each program and see if you run into problems with v6 before you delete v5.

CU Rob.

bk T
02-04-2004, 12:12 AM
> I too have v5 and v6 on my system and I find that v5
> is better than v6 on Win98SE when it comes to
> printing from the program.

and v6 takes much longer time to load, too.