PDA

View Full Version : how do remove a programme when you have already removed it

bruce m smith
30-03-2004, 03:31 PM
I have a programme that I have tried to removed and then reinstall it but it says there is already a copy there I have tried various remove programmes. About a week ago I had to do a system restore because of corrupt XP files

I am now also getting my dial up whenever I go to my doc page etc

Susan B
30-03-2004, 04:36 PM
It would help to know the program you have removed and how you tried to remove it. The normal procedure is to use the program's Uninstall OR through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel then delete any remaining files/folders within Program Files.

Running a registry cleaner usually cleans out the last remaining scraps from the registry. See the forum's FAQ on the Registry for advice on registry cleaners - link to FAQs top right of this page. Note that they take a while to load.

> I am now also getting my dial up whenever I go to my doc page etc

Please explain what you mean by "my doc page etc".

bruce m smith
30-03-2004, 04:56 PM
thanks for the information the programme is a medical programme called accu-chek compass I have tried with company i.t people they are still trying

PressF1 User
30-03-2004, 10:10 PM
You could dig into the registry but for what you want to do you can try this simple Freeware program called Add / Remove Pro' (version 2.08). It's a lightweight program at just 346 Kb. :-)

PressF1 User
30-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Here is the link to Add / Remove Pro

http://www.superwin.com/freeware.htm