PDA

View Full Version : budding programmer needs june'01 cd

dibbly
29-03-2004, 10:56 AM
hi there

wanting to learn delphi, i have pcw mag june 01, but not the cd. it has delphi5 on it. Also need pcw issues sept 2001 to aug 2002.

if u can help with this it would be awesome.

thanks dibbly

Dolby Digital
29-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Local libaries often get computer magazines.

dibbly
29-03-2004, 12:44 PM
yes checked local library but they only go back 12 months at most.

I wanted this cd cos pcw ran indepth tutorials using delphi 5, if you know of any alternative ways of learning delphi, i'd be grateful.

thanks

Dolby Digital
29-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Do they have PC Plus magazine (the library I mean), they have good Delphi articles. They may have them online in pdf format. I just tried their website (www.pcplus.co.uk) but their website seems to be a bit bust.

rugila
29-03-2004, 04:09 PM
You mightnít like me very much for this.

I had a look thru some old stuff and came up with following PC World CDís
2001 July, August, October, Dec-Jan
2002 Feb, April, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec-Jan
2003 Feb, April, May, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec-Jan

Itís possible there may be more, but Iíd have to have a more thorough search. I do know I tossed some out but donít know which ones.

Iím pretty sure I wouldnít have the mag issues themselves you ask about, but with a closer search, who knows?

Are you OK now or would you still find it useful to get hold of the June 2001 CD?

Graham L
29-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Donna: If you have a fast connection (or a friend with a fast connection) you can download from Borland. I have an idea it would be 150MB or so, so not worth doing on a 56k connection. ;-)

"delphi free download" to Google will find the necessary links.

j.harper
29-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Hello dibbly

I have the June '01 magazine and CD and you would be welcome to them if still required. Contact me at < j.harper@actrix.co.nz> with your address.

Regards, Jay

BamBam
29-03-2004, 11:44 PM
If you're after the Delphi "step by step" articles then try typing in "Delphi" into the PC World "search" facility. It should come back with about 232 hits, some of these will be the articles you'll want.

Version 7 of Delphi came out on the Dec 2002/Jan 2003 cover disk, although Geoff (bless his cotton socks) wasn't impressed with the licensing agreement (specially with the rights that it gave Borland). Also if you can get hold of the April 2002 cover disk, this contains the Delphi DirectX component.

If you can't get hold of them then drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to help you out = johnd@paradise.net.nz. Otherwise good luck with the programming. It can be a lot of fun when you get into it (and an incredible source of frustration, I use to have hair when I first started..... a lot can happen in a week!). :^O

dibbly
30-03-2004, 06:05 AM
Hi all, well I am absolutely overwhelmed with the response - everyone had some really good advice.

Did the search thing and got most of the articles, wondered how come I couldnt find them before, but was searching at pcworld.com....doh!!!

Thanx to you Jay for your kind offer - have zapped off an email to you

And thanx too bambam - not sure how I will go - i'm quite attached to my hair, heres hoping it stays attached to me :)

And thanx to everyone else too

dibbly

Dolby Digital
30-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Further to my post about PCPlus magazine, the site appears to be up again. If you go here http://www.pcplus.co.uk/pdf/ you will find issues for the last 3 years. If you Browse each issue, you can then pick out the Delphi articles and view in pdf format.