PDA

View Full Version : cya later alligators

drcspy
28-03-2004, 03:16 PM
well that whiskey tango dipshit has annoyed me too much.........he's perfect of course and i'm not guess I cant handle that....................NOT........it's his attitudes that have pissed off many folks I'll bet. WEll to those I have helped here thanks for the opportunity i've enjoyed it ............to Whiskeytangofoxtrot..............GO **** YOURSELF.................to others.........sorry about this ........I'm VERY ANNYOYED..............

I QUIT.........

stu140103
28-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Ok :(

Good bye drcspy it was nice having you around the forum :)

You will be back :D (no one can say away from PF1 for too long :D ]:);\)

Graham L
28-03-2004, 03:29 PM
drcspy: such behaviour has always been a problem on the Internet. The only way to treat the abusive individuals is to ignore them. Like spam --- never reply. It's a waste of time.

Billy T
28-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Sorry drcspy

I started a response to your original post earlier but got called away and only just sent it. Take a look at it, and I suggest you stick around for a while, if the mods don't deal with WTF and his unpleasant ilk soon, there will be a few more good people leaving.

Nobody comes here to be abused, and in saying that I am not referring to your most recent posts, whiuch I fully understand. A saint would respond as you did to the vituperative tripe you were subjected to.

I hope you don't go, you are needed and PF1 can ill afford to lose you. A number of excellent regulars have departed or reduced their input in recent times because of the unpleasantness of a few individuals and their mean spirited behaviour.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :(

Pheonix
28-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Hang in there drcspy, believe me, there is a silent majority out there that appreciate your input.
Take it as a challenge, life is too short to get upset from discourteous comments. Just don't rise to the bait...silence annoys them. :D
This board gives YOU not only the chance to help those that require it, but also learn yourself.
Anyway, your decision, but you have my vote to stay.

beetle
28-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Stay,

i have done the same things as you, got really mad at some people giving me a hard time, and i end up having time out from PF1, and come back fresh and also have a better frame of mind.

ignore the blighters, they may not go away but you can stop reading there posts so it wont hurt the same, and if it makes it easier dont reply to them, that just prolongs the agony.

silence is golden.

we have lost too many people lately on PF1, dont be another number / name lost in history.

beetle

PoWa
28-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Don't leave drcspy. I know you are fighting with WTF, but thats only one person on this forum of many. Generally you can avoid the people you don't like by simply not responding to their posts. If they start flaming you, make a new alias and flame them back in creative ways.

I have found most of your posts insightful and useful to other's including me. Its always good to have lots of options when solving a problem.

Drcspy I believe you post at experts-exchange? That site is miles better than PF1 in all respects. You really made a backward move joining PF1 :p There you actually get something for helping people, and something to aspire to. Some people at this forum when they have been helped, they don't even offer thankfulness.

I always post at experts-exchange when I have a particularly difficult question that needs answering.

If I were to post a question here with my current alias PoWa, then only a few people here would even bother to help me, even though they know the answer. Generally because they might have had a difference of opinion with me in the past, and can't let go of their grudges. Sometimes I feel like leaving too, its not worth the effort.

You can always change your nickname, start afresh? ;)

Laura
28-03-2004, 09:58 PM
I do hope you will reconsider that decision, drcspy

I can undestand your anger. If it's any consolation, I was also angry on your behalf when I read WTF's unwarranted attack on you last night. Such things can be hurtful - and it's easier said than done to just ignore them.

I've seen good advice from you so many times since I joined this forum that your name is on my list of very helpful people.

Losing your experience & willingness to help others would be sad for any reason, but particularly so when the cause is someone who takes out his temper regularly in the cloak of anonymity.

It doesn't take long in this forum to register who are the regular grumps -fortunately few. And when the criticism doesn't relate to a computer problem, but is just spleen-venting about grammar or posts or whatever, we can easily make up our own minds about who is the problem in a particular thread...
(You weren't the only recipient yesterday. Guess someone was having a baaad Saturday night)

Stick with it,eh?

Ashley Matthews
28-03-2004, 10:09 PM
If my 2c counts for anything I'd say stick around, just because that guy is a (insert expletive of your choice here), doesn't mean that you should leave. If he chooses to be like that, ignore him... your help is valuable.....

Ash

sam m
28-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Leave..........

I mean this in the nicest way. As beetle says, take a break, surround yourself with people that matter to you. Put this forum into perspective.
Then come back (if you feel that it would benefit you) and resume with your true reason for being here. To help.
This story (http://www.successfuloffice.com/Mayo_and_Beer.htm) might help put things into perspective.

good luck

sam m

aNtzy
29-03-2004, 12:02 AM
> Leave..........
>
> I mean this in the nicest way. As beetle says, take a
> break, surround yourself with people that matter to
> you. Put this forum into perspective.
> Then come back (if you feel that it would benefit
> you) and resume with your true reason for being here.
> To help.
> This
> [url=http://www.successfuloffice.com/Mayo_and_Beer.htm
> story [/url] might help put things into
> perspective.
>
> good luck
>
> sam m

Wow. That certainly did me some good :) Thankyou.