PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Compwiznot
21-03-2004, 03:35 PM
hey ,

i have a prblem with my internet explorer display ..the font of the words on every page is bigger ...how do i chnage the font for my internet explorer browser .?

and ....please suggest some ways to cleam my keyboard ....i have a lot of food particles in it and i need it cleaned as soon as possible ...is there any way to remove the keys from the board ?? if not please tell me some other way

thank you

Graham L
21-03-2004, 03:45 PM
On the top line Toolbar, click on the View pull-down menu then use the Text Size option to select a better size.

You are likely to damage the keys (and lose essential springs on the "long" keys if you try to remove the keytops. You should be able to undo the screws on the bottom which hold the halves of the case together, then shake and blow the emergency rations off the PC board.

Or you could try ants. :D

It's a Very Good Rule to have no food or drinks near the computer. However careful people are, accidents happen. Coffee and softdrinks are fatal to keyboards.

dumdum
21-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Hot soapy water will get it clean,...then 2 minutes in the microwave to dry it.

mejobloggs
21-03-2004, 04:16 PM
2 minutes in the microwave!?

Wow, I thought that would have done some damamge. Are there no metal bits in the keyboard?

I remember when I had a tiny scrap of tinfoil, and there was an interesting lightning display and lots of smoke.

godfather
21-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Hopefully dumdum was joking, but thats not a sensible thing to do in this case, as it would cost the poster a new keyboard.

Microwaving would normally destroy the electronics. Instantly.

zminos
21-03-2004, 05:09 PM
a can of compressed air to blow dust etc off the keyboard, and windolene on a clean rag and scrub the keyboard and keys - obviously when the pc is not running.

If the text on your internet pages is to large or small? hold down the left control key and spin you mouse wheel up and down - the text font will get bigger or smaller depending on direction.

:)

Poppa John
21-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh how I would LURV to reply to the keyboard cleaning Q. unlimited possibilities for stoopid answers!!! However, Maryann has forbidden me, poor me!!!!! PJ