PDA

View Full Version : Curious problem with PowerPoint 2000 SR1

Billy T
15-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Team

I have a presentation of about 100 slides that has been modified from time to time by the addition and removal of material.

It runs normally as a slide show, but when open in "slide view" (with the current slide on the right and the slide numbers in a narrow pane at the left) every so often there is a gap of several slide spaces between consecutive slide numbers. I originally assumed that this was caused by my slide editing activities but have since discovered that it doesn't necessarily follow that moving slides around creates a gap.

The gap isn't a problem in itself, but when toggling through the slides using the keyboard up and down arrows, you have to press the arrow key several times to get past the gap (the number of key strokes equates to the number of slide icons that would normally fit in that space).

I can't find anything in the help files to let me eliminate the vacant spaces to close up the display so has anybody else met this or know the answer?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Billy T
15-03-2004, 12:15 PM
A quick update, I had a more adventurous play on a separate copy and found that right-click + expand would drop a huge space in, and collapse would remove it, but collapse has no effect on the existing problem.

Similarly, right-click plus "insert tab" would collapse the space but for some reson deletes the title of the preceding slide.

Once again, the help files didn't do anything to explain any of this. Expand and collapse are not in the index and a search didmn't find them either, and neither insert not tab appear in the context of a right click in slide view.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :(

Laura
15-03-2004, 12:29 PM
No, sorry. I can't help you, Billy

But now that PowerPoint is back on the page, I'm going to be cheeky & bump up a post I've been keeping my eye on for days.

Read it & you'll see why...

Odin
15-03-2004, 10:10 PM
I answered it Laura :D Copying and pasting works, Unfortunatley I am running 2003 and my office 2000 cd has been misplaced (buried amongst all the rest of the cd's and empty pizza boxes) so I can't go in and find a better way if there is any (although if memory serves me correctly there is a way). :D

Laura
15-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Odin

Sorry I didn't realise your suggestion was a definite fix.

Odin
15-03-2004, 10:26 PM
As a temporary measure it works fine, but yes I think there is another way, maybe BillyT will beable to figure it out and as soon as I can find my old office 2000 then I'll see if I can find a better option, unless someone mentions it first :D