PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Acrobat scrabbled computer.

beetle
14-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Hi
doing a google search, checking out wab pages,, and up pops AA and opens.....i decide its not what im looking for, so go to close it, wrong move it seems....

10 mins later i am back online and puter is now working ok....

what happened was i could open any prog fine, but upon opening anything, it all froze.... i couldnt shut AA and i also could not shut PF1 or any page open....at all everything was getting stuck, had for some reason multiple boxes open, in process of shutting any and everything.

logged off and this did not help either just froze, everything went grey.

dont know what happened in end but it went blank (blue desk top screen no icons etc) then back to pic...and ran spybot nothing found...

i refused access for AA with ZA (zonealarm) do you think this had something to do with it?
operator probs or a wobbly thrown by AA????? or the lemon....

are there known issues like this with AA???

i dont like it so dont use it,

a lost and confuzzled beetle

Scouse
14-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi Beetle. Nothing generally wrong with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Millions of people use it regularly as a free download. I send out a regular newsletter to a large group in PDF and have never had a complaint from anyone. Be interested in what caused you the problem. Breath deeply.

beetle
14-03-2004, 08:34 PM
ROFLMAO......
of course im breathing!!!!! LOL id be worried if im not,

just took the stuffing out of me as i havent had the major probs like this for ages.......

and i forgot how i fix them before...

i have a feeling that my puter is Schzophrenic.....:D :p

as sometimes its fine when others its major pain in the ........er floor...

i think last time i had Adobe open it went funny to, but that was ages ago.

may also be a touch of cabin fever round here and lack of comp time so its playing up to show who is boss????

:D

beetle

Jen C
14-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Were you using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 with your Firebird browser? There is a known issue for some with the combination of these two programs. Read more here (http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/acroread.html#Issues). You may wish to update Adobe Acrobat Reader to version 6.0.1 which apparently does not have this problem.

beetle
14-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Oh

well i went to open a web page from my google search and it popped up and opened AA,
which i shut pretty quick but have no idea what version that was or what i have as i dont like using it so havnt bothered doing anything with it...
updating or using it at all.

thanxs Jen will look into it...

beetle

Laura
14-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey beetle, that's a great word

"scrabbled"

Have you patented it, or can anyone use it?

Jen C
14-03-2004, 11:03 PM
> well i went to open a web page from my google search
> and it popped up and opened AA,

Adobe Reader would of popped open because the link from the google search was to a pdf document which automatically launched the program.

> which i shut pretty quick but have no idea what
> version that was or what i have as i dont like using
> it so havnt bothered doing anything with it...
> updating or using it at all.

You can find out your version from opening up the program (should be found on the Start > All Programs menu somewhere), and then going help > about.

Since you appear to be affected by the bug, it is probably best to upgrade Adobe Reader if you are going to continue using Firebird

You can download Adobe Reader 6.0.1, basic version from here - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html]Adobe ( [url) Reader 6.0.1 English for Windows, 8.7MB[/url]. But also check out the latest NZ PC World CD (March) as it has Adobe on it as well (not sure if version 6.0.1 or 6.0), but it will save you the download.

Make sure you completely uninstall your old Adobe Reader first before installing the new version.

beetle
14-03-2004, 11:05 PM
LOL
:p Laura.

well um i have made quite a few spelling errors today in my posts, due to lack of concentration and forgetting to spell check....

and i cannot recall what original words were supposed to be, scrambled i think...:D

sleep time i think.....

beetle

beetle
14-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Thanxs Jen much appreciate the help.

will get onto that .....gives me a very good excuse to buy the Mag this month.....PC world.....

beetle

Billy T
15-03-2004, 12:28 AM
> Be interested in what
> caused you the problem. Breath deeply.

Absolutely no help to beetle, but the above comment and response reminded me of the story about the blooming young miss who visited her Doctor with the flu. Doc put stethoscope on chest and said "big breaths," at which the young miss blushed & replied:

Yeth, and I'm only thixteen.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|
Of course I have no idea what she meant

Jester
15-03-2004, 12:44 AM
that sorta reminds me of the time Prince Charles was invited to a pompous opening ceremony in Tauranga, he turned up wearing a hat that featured a stuffed fox perched on it.

Most there thought it was strange but no one said a word until finally, the mayor of Tauranga just had to ask.

Charlie replied that when he told his mum (HRH) that he was going to Tauranga she replied ...... "wear the fox hat"

So he did.

J
:D
Of course I have no idea what she meant

Billy T
15-03-2004, 12:18 PM
ROTFLMAO :^O