PDA

View Full Version : How long should it take Telecom to connect me to the Jetstream network?

somebody
14-03-2004, 08:26 AM
We recently signed up for the new Jetstream Surf 1000 plan, and filled out the online order form to get our PC connected at the local exchange. However, that was earlier in the week, and we haven't received any confirmation email saying that we've signed up, or any email/phone call to tell us an estimated time when we will be connected.

What experience have other PressF1 users had regarding time it takes to be connected, and notification etc.?

robo
14-03-2004, 08:46 AM
It usually doesn't take long but they may be experiencing increased demand with the new campaign and deal. I got an email from Chris Thompson offering the new plans to existing customers.
I would call to see if you are on their to-do list and get a feel from them as to when it is due to happen.
You'll be happy when you've got it.
robo.

Susan B
14-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Did you sign up on Telecom's online Jetstream application form? If so, they would have asked what day you wished to be connected, allowing for 5 working days notice before they can hook you up.

You should expect an email from Telecom around the date that you requested Jetstream to be enabled advising you when they expect to connect you. That date may be a little later than you requested due to the flood of applications.

stu140103
14-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Hello somebody :)

Some one else is having the same type of problem as you, have a look here: So, I've got the new Jetstream Flat rate plan... (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=45302)

somebody
14-03-2004, 05:15 PM
stu - not quite same problem - I just haven't received notification telling me when my (non-ADSL enabled phone line) will become ADSL-enabled. What i'm surprised with is that Telecom/Xtra didn't have an automated bot which would automatically reply after submitting the web form saying "thank you for your interest... blah blah blah.... you should expect to be connected in 5 business days etc. etc."

Yes we did sign up on telecom's online form (although I didn't personally do it, so I don't know what it said).

Susan B
14-03-2004, 06:30 PM
No, they don't give you a confirmation straight after signing up but look out for one on the day that you requested that ADSL be enabled. You ought to get one then with all the relevant details, including the day they plan to hook you up, so don't panic yet. :-)

PoWa
14-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey sign up with jetstream. You'll blow your data cap within a week due to the faulty usage meter. Have fun, I know you'll enjoy paying for excess mb charges.

somebody
14-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the advice PoWa. I've thought it out, and it is unlikely that I'll go over the data cap (well if I do, it's 5c /mb, so it isn't TOO bad (well unless I go way over).

PoWa
14-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Bit of discussion going on at the JSG forums (http://forums.jetstreamgames.co.nz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41776).

jackyht
14-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi Powa

thanks for the scary thought about the telecom faulty usage meter...

is that a way that u (or any of u guys) to prevent this faulty usage meter and charged us for the excess usage...

Thanks
Jacky

PoWa
15-03-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't think you can do anything to prevent it. Maybe just keep a log of everything you download with a usage meter on your ocmputer. Then if you go over the limit you have something to back it up with.

Hopefull the CC and SFO find fault with it too and order telecom to pay up for all the years they have ripped everyone off.

Misty
15-03-2004, 07:55 PM
We found this guy at Telecom really excellent to deal with. May well pay to contact him -

Andrew.McNaughton@telecom.co.nz

cheers
Misty

:)

somebody
16-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi Misty - thanks for the help.

Luckily last night we received an email from Telecom, informing us that Xtra will contact us with our account details, and that due to recent demand, we won't be connected to the network until Wednesday of next week (24th March). It's just a matter of waiting now....

Susan B
16-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Nice to know that it happened just like I predicted it would.