PDA

View Full Version : Frozen mouse

emsley
12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
My friends mouse curser is frozen and won't budge even after reboot. They have Windows ME and are using a Genius Opitcal mouse that was recently installed. Switching over to an alternative rollerball mouse has no effect. What can I suggest to her to fix the problem? How can we get the mouse curser going at all so we may be able to do anything??

Thanks for suggestions.

Pheonix
12-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Does it work if you startup into safe mode?

If so, right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. Go into device manager and double click the "mouse" heading. Delete everything under there. Now restart PC and see if windows detects the mouse OK.

drcspy
13-03-2004, 09:55 AM
if it wont work in safe mode you will need to boot to safe mode anyway then use the keyboard to get to the control panel/system/device manager........and then get to the listing for the mouse and remove it ......when windoze reboots after this it should find the mouse again........

to get aorund with the keyboard you'll mostly need to use the TAB, ENTER and ARROW keys........

to get the start menu up so you can get startbutton/settings/control panel you will need to hold down ctrl key and tap the esc key then use your arrows to get around after that