PDA

View Full Version : ActiveSync - Any way to disable Outlook being the default mail program?

arse
11-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi all,

I have an iPaq little beastie, and have been using Activesync to backup/update various file transfers etc. I use Outlook Express as my default mail program, and have now found that I cannot change back to Outlook Express (it is grayed out in the programs tab under internet options) rather I am now stuck with Outlook as the default due to ActiveSync backing everything up to there.

Any advice/fixes/alternatives to being able to use Outlook Express while still being able to use ActiveSync or different would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks heaps.

Craig. :D

robo
11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Dude. You used outlook express and you want to change to outlook express? Confused.
Can you restate the problem by saying OE for Outlook Express and O for vanilla outlook?
robo.

Laura
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
My interpretation

ActiveSynch has changed his default from Outlook Express to MS Outlook.

He wants to keep ActiveSynch , but go back to Outlook Express as default.

How does he do that?

arse
11-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Sorry Robo,

Yup, what Laura said, OE was default. Used ActiveSync, and now O is default. Want to use OE as default mail program, but cannot change the default under the Internet Options "Program" tab to OE as OE is grayed out...........

HELP!!!!!

Cheers

Craig. :D

robo
11-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Okay
Big question:
Does Activesync work with OE? It appears that it does from the help on my copy.
Next question:
How do you change it? Buggered if I can tell. Anyone got any ideas?
robo.

Pheonix
11-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Try this (http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_RestoreOE.zip) if you are using XP.

Laura
11-03-2004, 11:52 PM
If that didn't help, a post made later tonight may...

Read what GaleForce said in thread IE6/outlook - a fix for a problem with similarities.

It's an old thread with today's entry near the bottom.

Let us know how you got on