PDA

View Full Version : Win95 Problems

waka2003
11-03-2004, 07:33 AM
I am trying to reinstall win95 for a friend and have done that three times and finally managed to do that but it bootsup and then goes to windows is safe to turn off and we do that and win95 closes down every-time.

Pheonix
11-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Nice trick.
When you reloaded Win95, did you format the hard drive and then install, or did you just install on top of the original installation?

You also state that for the third time, do the ionstalls go wrong or does your friend just stuff them up with use.

Did you get any "blue screens" while installing, or any other warning that something went wrong?

waka2003
11-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Yes I just reinstalled over the top of existing and yes we had a blue screen exception error i guess you could call it.

Could not do anything at all be I manage to get pass that reboot and load windows teetered login and stuff then got the Windows is now safe to turn off screen

Pheonix
11-03-2004, 10:04 AM
It has corrupted files somewhere and that is usually terminal.

I would say your best choice now, is to boot off a bootdisk and format the drive. Then do a fresh install of Win95.

If you have enough room, copy the win95 folder off the CD, onto the hard drive. Then run setup from there. Much faster, and when windows looks for a file, it doesn't keep asking for the disk.

Mzee
11-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Remember that Win95 has a cpu speed limit of about 300mhz.
There is a patch available to get around this.
Also Win95 A does not read Fat32 partitions, use 95B or C if your drive is big enough to need Fat32.