PDA

View Full Version : nVidia vs Radeon

runt_monkey
10-03-2004, 10:37 PM
I posted just before asking what the difference between 128MB and 256MB cards was. Now I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether nVidia or Radeon produced better cards?

metla
10-03-2004, 10:40 PM
General consensus is that radion have the more powerful cards,however the difference in the top of the line is so small you would have to do intensive benching to see the difference.

Both make good cards,ATI cards are cheaper in the midrange.

robert6655
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
well personally iwould go for a nvidia board and from what i ahve seen they are generally cheaper especially around the mid range

fergie
11-03-2004, 07:22 PM
lol - toss a coin - heads = nvidia, tails = Radeon.

You'll get ppl who say radeon, ppl who say nvidia.

I was a nvidia fan for a few years - but i just got me a 9600XT Radeon, and i don;t have any complaints.
And my mate, has just ordered a Nvidia 5700 - so really, its up to you.

Budda
12-03-2004, 09:06 AM
this is just like the Pent Vs AMD fight, really just what ever you want, i must admit Radeon had a hand over nvidia for the last couple of years, but nvidia looks as though they are catching up. I personally still go Radeon in all my machines but like i say its a personal preferance thing.

ugh1
12-03-2004, 04:36 PM
> I posted just before asking what the difference
> between 128MB and 256MB cards was. Now I was
> wondering if anyone could tell me whether nVidia or
> Radeon produced better cards?

What do you wont to do with your PC?

In my case the Nvidia cards are very bad for video playback and suffer lots of gama / colour issues with video overlays. Also the TV out on some of them is pritty bad and the lack of interest from Nvidia in fixing the problems does not help.

If you are interested in how many fps you get in games and nothing else then the Nvidia cards seem good.

PoWa
12-03-2004, 04:48 PM
> In my case the Nvidia cards are very bad for video playback and suffer lots of gama / colour issues with video overlays. Also the TV out on some of them is pritty bad and the lack of interest from Nvidia in fixing the problems does not help.

Oh absolutely! I think they've sort've made an improvement with the latest detonators. You can lock the screen gamma/brightness to one setting but increase it seperately for the overlay. Still a pain in the neck to get configured!

Also in games (GF4mx44) I get huge brightness problems. Have to resort to 3rd party tools to increase the brightness. Radeon might be better i nthat department too.

ilikelinux
12-03-2004, 05:03 PM
k i just want to say one thing until this turns into a flame,

Not this topic again...........