PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Flash problem

Jimmy D
10-03-2004, 07:32 PM
hi, i have flash 5 and flashmx installed. i use this mostly for web design amongst other things. I have an annoying problem, when i drag objects and create new ones i cant see them when dragging the mouse, eg. when i create a square with the square tool i cannot see anything until i have unclicked the mouse from dragging and then the square appears. this is the same for dragging objects, i cant see when i am placing it until i unlick the mouse and it appears (placed), it would be just like picking up a drinking glass, closing your eyes, putting it down and then opening them, so u can actually see anything while you have the glass in your hand, this is EXTREMELY annoying especially when doing fine work when i want a graphic moved into the right place.

I never used to have this problem, i cant remember when it started doing it. ive tried reinstalling and that doesnt seem to work. it happened when i only had flash5 installed, ive just recently installed flashmx and having the same problem so im guessing its linked between the two somehow.

my OS is win98se

help please!

stu140103
10-03-2004, 09:40 PM
If I understand your question try upgrading the flash Player to version 7.0 if that does not help then try uninstalling flash 5 & see if the problems is still there.

Jimmy D
10-03-2004, 10:41 PM
ive uninstalled flash 5, still does it, but why should the player have any effect? it happens when im using flash editing, not playing anything.

stu140103
10-03-2004, 11:02 PM
> ive uninstalled flash 5, still does it

ok, remove all off mx flash & try reinstlling it.