PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing out text appearance?

write-click
10-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I have just had my computer reformatted so am back at square one regarding any settings I previously had. Someone once told me how to change a setting so my text appeared seamless - the edges were sort of smoothed out instead of 'dotty' if that makes sense! I tried searching on the topic but because I can't remember what it was called, I've had no luck. Here's hoping one of you who has a good memory can help me out!

tommy
10-03-2004, 03:31 PM
What version of Windows do you have? For Windows XP right click on desktop, choose Properties, Appearance, Effects, Put a tick in "Use the following method....." and choose "Clear Type" in the drop down box.

CYaBro
10-03-2004, 03:33 PM
If you're running Windows XP, right-click on the desktop to get the Display Properties window. Then go to Appearance - Effects and select the 2nd option 'Use the following method to smooth screen fonts' and set it to ClearType.

This is usualy best if you have an LCD screen.

write-click
10-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Someone posted the other day asking what people looked for when shopping - hey, you guys are IT! Extremely helpful and prompt service in plain English too! Thanks so much, was used to seeing my text this way and knew it was a pretty easy process to correct it, but couldn't remember where to find it.

Wonderful service!