PDA

View Full Version : mzn1-10 mindiscman

yingxuan
10-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Does anybody know of a software that can copy mp3s to the sony mzn10 sony minidiscman?By using the sony sonic stage software you have to convert from mp3 to atrac then copy it across which takes a lot of time
Anybody know of a software that can copy mp3s to the minidiscman?

roofus
10-03-2004, 01:48 PM
No known software exists because the onboard computer of a minidisc only knows how to decode ATRAC, you could technically get an MP3 across to your minidisc but it wouldn't play.

I would recommend to you to get a faster computer. I find that the encoding takes longer than the transfer, for example it takes about 10secs to encode to ATRAC and about 15 secs to transfer across,

yingxuan
10-03-2004, 02:15 PM
What computer are u running at the moment?

yingxuan
10-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Probably its better to copy the music to mp3 format.Play it using the dne1 sony mp3 discman than use the optical output to record from the minidiscman?
I tried the sonic stage on my computer when i bought my mp3 player and i really hated that sonic stage.First it didn't recognise my cd writer but would convert.Next each track takes about 1 minute to conver to atrac format.Who uses atrac format?I HATE IT!

roofus
11-03-2004, 07:49 AM
> Probably its better to copy the music to mp3
> format.Play it using the dne1 sony mp3 discman than
> use the optical output to record from the
> minidiscman?
> I tried the sonic stage on my computer when i bought
> my mp3 player and i really hated that sonic
> stage.First it didn't recognise my cd writer but
> would convert.Next each track takes about 1 minute to
> conver to atrac format.Who uses atrac format?I HATE
> IT!

Why would you use the optical to record to the disk man? that means you could only transfer a 3 minute songs in 3 minutes!

who cares how good sonic stage is, you don't have to use it as your media player, just use it to transfer music across, if you don't like it then use realplayer it supports NetMD's as well.

my puter is a 1800+ with 512 ram, before that i had a 450mhz puter and that took ages to encode to atrac like a 3 minute song would take about 1:30mins to encode then transfer of about 20secs you can see it was only 1/3 faster, but its the CPU that makes all the difference.

Atrac is actually a very good format, as usual sony holds all there proprietory technology very close so the format never took off, and they use atrac3 in the NetMD as it is a MD player and MD players are built around atrac

yingxuan
11-03-2004, 09:20 AM
I nefa knew it would take 3 mins to do the optical recording.My computers average encoding time is around 2 mins So..makes no difference i think!!!
Im running 200mhz!!so yeah very slow!

roofus
11-03-2004, 11:16 AM
yea sounds like you got the raw end of the stick when you purchased it.

when i had my 450mhz i was pretty disappointed with the time it took, it wasn't till i upgraded that i realised how much the CPU makes a difference. So until you do upgrade your CPU your not going to have much luck sorry.