PDA

View Full Version : inserting in Powerpoint 2000

waimearev
09-03-2004, 11:39 PM
I use 2 computers one with Powerpoint 2000 and the other Powerpoint XP. With the XP when i insert slides from files there is a check box to keep all formatting as oginal. In 2000 it does not. So when I insert slides from files in 2000 I loose the set up like the background file picture etc

Is there a work around for this or an add in I can download.

At present if I want to maintain the background in the importe slides I have to go and reapply them each time.

Thankks Martin

Laura
11-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi Martin

Welcome to Press F1

I see you have been unlucky in not getting anyone to answer your question.

Powerpoint is out of my league of knowledge, but I can at least move you back up the page.

Bump

Good Luck

Laura
12-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Just repeating last night's thoughts

Three days with no answer is a bit sad for a first post.

Any PowerPoint experts out there?

Odin
12-03-2004, 11:30 PM
I'll have to have a look at powerpoint 2000 to morrow if I get the chance, however I can make one suggestion that may help. On the left hand panel (the one that simply shows the outline (text view)) of the slide, try right clicking on it and select copy, then simply past that slide in as many times as you need. Each time you past the slide it will create a new one with the same formatting as the original you copied.

Hope this helps, i'll try and see if I can find another way if I get the chance, but things are a bit busy at the moment.

Odin
12-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Argh!!! it late and I am finding it hard to keep my eyes open, please replace the word 'past' in my post above with the word 'Paste' :D

Laura
15-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Bump No. 3

Third time lucky..?

Billy T
15-03-2004, 02:12 PM
OK Laura

By the time I sort out my problem I think I could have an answer to this one as I recognise the process & problem. I presume it is about retaining Master Slide formatting?

Back to the drawing board for me though.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)