PDA

View Full Version : Actually Locking Files

Gum Digger
09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Hi
Is there any program that actually locks the file, for eg it will say this file is been used by other program, or clicked on it to open or tried to delete it when its locked by the program.

Billy T
09-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Yes

Windows Explorer.

Go to the file in Explorer, right click, selectr properties and check "read only".

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Gum Digger
10-03-2004, 08:08 AM
This way you can delete the file or open it without anyone stopping you.
so please suggest me a program that workz like i want.

Billy T
10-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Sorry to have disappointed you Gum Digger, but PF1 results are determined by the quality of information you supply. Please take the time to make your requirements more clear. The only person inside your head is you.

Tell us what, why and where, with OS details, what access rights you have or can control, and the actual programs these files are used by. If you need is great you can encrypt folders and files, but maybe you don't need to go that far.

If you lay it all out clearly, you will get more useful and better targeted responses.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Chilling_Silently
10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Billy's right....

If you have WinXP, you could try the NTFS File-permissions (If you have NTFS drives).

Otherwise, Ive used FProt by Mikko Tech. in the past

Works great :-)

Google for it. If you cant turn up anything but the Anti-Virus software FProt, Im sure I could spare a minute or two to find it for you ;-)

Cheers

Chill.