PDA

View Full Version : taskbar doubled in size

berniebee
09-03-2004, 06:28 PM
After my kids had finished playing on the computer the task bar has doubled in size, (win xp) and no matter what i do i can not re-size it to the single layer that it was.

I can uncheck the quick launch toolbars to get it the way it was, but i had it with the quick launch toolbar on a single layer.

Any ideas.

Ta

Bernard

Oxie
09-03-2004, 06:36 PM
berniebee

Right click the task bar and make sure the Taskbar is not locked. Then try and resize it. See if that helps.

Oxie (Lyn)

jebby
09-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Try holding the pointer on the bar until you get a two headed arrow, then drag down & drop.

berniebee
09-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I have tried both of the above tips with no results.........

whiskeytangofoxtrot
09-03-2004, 11:57 PM
With Quick Launch on, and the Taskbar unlocked, find the vertical divider line between the Quick Launch and normal Taskbar areas.

Hover on the vertical divider until your pointer goes to a horizontal arrow headed thingamy. Slide to the left to shrink the Quick Launch in size.

Should do it. If not, give us a screenshot :-)

berniebee
10-03-2004, 05:06 AM
How do I do a screenshot?

ta

Bernard

berniebee
10-03-2004, 05:43 AM
Ok I have worked out how to upload a screenshot, here are two shots the first

http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/desktop1.jpg

This shows the original size of the taskbar BK (before kids) the only diffrence being that the quick launch icons were there althought some of them scrolled up which was fine, now i have this

http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/desktop2.jpg

But what i want is the size of the first one WITH the quick launch buttons.

Anytakers:)

cheers

Bernard

ilikelinux
10-03-2004, 07:44 AM
you need to drag the quicklaunch bar to the bottom and resize it.

Fire-and-Ice
10-03-2004, 08:14 AM
When your taskbar is looking like Desktop2 ensure that the taskbar is unlocked (right click>Unlock), place your mouse cursor over the bottom double row of dots just to the right of the Start button, hold down your left mouse button over those dots and drag that to the far right and up until it is up on the same line as the quicklaunch buttons.

Now hold your mouse just above the program buttons on the taskbar until you get a vertical double arrow, hold down the mouse button and drag downwards until it is all on a single line.

I suggest that when you have it how you want it, lock the taskbar. ;-)

berniebee
10-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I have done as said and the arows come together and nothing happens.

Its all very annoying :(

Jen C
10-03-2004, 11:00 AM
OK, I have just duplicated your taskbar appearance on my machine and these are the steps I took to return it to normal:

1. Unlock Taskbar
2. Grab the double row of dots between the start buttom and the Mailwasher Pro minimised window icon, and drag it straight upwards. The quicklaunch bar will now jump over to the right.
3. Grab the double row of dots between the start button and the Mailwasher Pro bar again and move it as far right as required so that the quicklaunch bar jumps back over to the left and beside the start button.
4. Using the double row of dots to the left of the Mailwasher Pro, drag it to the left so that is beside the quicklauch area.
5. Grab the top of the taskbar (double arrow appears) and drag it down to a single bar.

Now, relock the taskbar.

Note: You will need to have at least one window minimised in the tasbar (you had two in your screenshot which is fine) so that you can move that area back to where it should be.

Let us know how you get on. :)

berniebee
10-03-2004, 11:21 AM
brillant what a genius :) thanks.

Bernard