PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu lifebook repairer?

purpledot4_1
09-03-2004, 01:40 PM
I have a fujitsu lifebook C-6560. It needs a new power supply for the system board, (adapter is fine) Does anyone know anyone in the auckland area that can repair them or at least get the part and yes i have done all the pre checks but everyone does all other laptops but this make it seems. just need the part, any suggestions?? Or shall i bite the bullet and send it off to a techie that will tell me the same thing? But at the expense of my wallet.

godfather
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
http://www.fujitsu.com/nz/services/technology/notebooks/

Looks like all service is via Australia, but you could ring the NZ office?

godfather
09-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Power supply components could well include embedded SMD's on the main board, have you got the SMD (surface mount device) technology to actually replace them?

Its fairly high tech stuff if its not a simple module, and Fujitsu may be reticent to release components and circuitry to non approved repairers?

purpledot4_1
11-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Sorry Godfather for taking so long to reply, (hope you forgive me) I had great trouble following through on your suggestions.
Yes you are right on both accounts, Yes i had to write to Aussie and yes you are correct on both counts, So i am left wondering about what to do with what used to be a good reliable laptop. I know now why no one would touch it with a ten foot pole. Thank you for your help, it was much appreciated,

John H
12-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Gulp - I have a Fujitsu P series Lifebook... I was in contact with one of their resellers in Melbourne late last year to buy a carry bag for it, and the reseller told me that he understood from Fujitsu that they were planning to start distribution in Godzone this year.

You may want to try to follow that up - presumably if they are going to distribute this year they will also have a service set up? Or am I being naive?

Good luck - I for one would like to hear how you get on, given that I have a vested interest...

John

purpledot4_1
12-03-2004, 03:32 PM
> Gulp - I have a Fujitsu P series Lifebook... I was in
> contact with one of their resellers in Melbourne late
> last year to buy a carry bag for it, and the reseller
> told me that he understood from Fujitsu that they
> were planning to start distribution in Godzone this
> year.
>
> You may want to try to follow that up - presumably if
> they are going to distribute this year they will also
> have a service set up? Or am I being naive?
>
> Good luck - I for one would like to hear how you get
> on, given that I have a vested interest...
>
> John

yes i will try that as the office here is very good, Aussie takes a while to get around to answering, i am hoping that they will start up a service as i love my old laptop. I could hold on to her for that long at least. will try them (Fujistu NZ) and i will post my findings tomorrow.

John H
12-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Thank you. I am very fond of my wee beast as well.