PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - MSN contacts stolen?

wintertide
09-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Recently I had someone malicious try to contact me on MSN Messenger. I blocked them and then just a night or two ago they started adding all my friends to their contact list. Thye can't have got their email addresses from anyone that I know, so I'm guessing that they must have somehow stolen my contact list. I'm running Norton Internet Security 2002 with all current rules and virus definitions, so I know that it can't be a worm.

Can anyone help me out with this one? I'm also considering reporting the person involved to either their ISP or Hotmail for abuse.

Lohsing
09-03-2004, 08:29 AM
You know, it could've been on a big group email that got sent with all your email addresses on it...

They could easily have just read it and typed in all he names, etc into Messenger?

Report to Hotmail and ISP. That'll sort them out... which ISP do you think they are with?

Lo.

wintertide
09-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I don't send round group emails lol... and I just changed my password for the 5th time this week.

I can find out their ISP easily - they will tell me coz they're not too smart lol :)