PDA

View Full Version : Ihug Accelerator

kumaraguy
07-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Hello,
Does any one have any experience trouble shooting the aforementioned service from Ihug?
Specifically being unable to connect to the service presumably because of a conflict with another program running on the same computer.
OS is XP Home with Norton Internet Security and Antivirus. I have done all the configuring and disabling of the above two programs with no success. Although Accelerator is running and the account is active there is no connection and browsing is not sped up. Does it matter that I do have a very slow connection at the best of times.... the diagnostic program is reporting between 13 and 19 kb whatevers....Any one got an idea ? XP firewall is also disabled with this connection.......As you may have guessed Help and Help Desk have been unable to resolve this issue....

whiskeytangofoxtrot
08-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Have you tried some definitive testing - browsing some sites that the accelerator will speed up?

Try browsing a few image rich sites with it enabled and disabled and see if you have any noticeable performance change.

I have used the tool briefly in testing for an unrelated task and found it worked pretty much flawlessly - my experience with it is pretty limited.