PDA

View Full Version : something wrong with internet xplorer

yingxuan
07-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Im using the latest internet explorer running windows 98se

Whenever I go to a link to download a file.The page would not show the download window asking me where to save my file.Instead just where the status bar is.On the bottum left hand corner .There would be a little hardrive icon and next to it says done.IT is downloading the file but after downloading the file.The page refreshes to a blank page with a little icon picture on the top left hand corner.
I don't know whats causing this.
If i download a zip file.It just simply takes me to a blank page.

Anyone know how i can fix this problem?

drcspy
07-03-2004, 07:34 PM
not sure but you could try controlpanel/add remove progs.....clik on IE and then clik the 'remove' button this'll give you three choices try the 'repair' option

Peter H
07-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Has it just started doing this, or was it OK before?
Bye

yingxuan
08-03-2004, 03:26 AM
I've done the repair thing and makes no difference.
IT just started doing this around a week ago.Not sure why.Nothing wrong with netscape and opera

Jim B
08-03-2004, 08:01 AM
MS info here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q316537)

drcspy
08-03-2004, 09:07 AM
what version of IE you got ?

yingxuan
08-03-2004, 01:21 PM
thanks for that.I couldn't find the microsoft help site thing.
Its running internet explorer6 service pack 1

drcspy
08-03-2004, 02:15 PM
well you could try a reinstall
if you need to you can actually remove explorer even tho MS haven't built their system so that it's removeable you need to get a program called : IEradicate to remove IE ............before you do that
try goin to control panel /internet options and setting every thing to defaults......

yingxuan
08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
The problem is fixed now.Jim posted the site and it worked.

The problem was that i installed a plugin for flashget so that flashget could integrate with opera browser downloads.The plugin didn't work and added an extension in the registry which i had to delete from the website that jim b gave.
it works now.
Thanks for everybodys help!

tweak\'e
08-03-2004, 04:59 PM
mmm..a little odd. the opera flashget plugin dosn't have anything to do with IE. the IE intergration is part of the main flashget program.

with opera and flashget 1.5 you can assign flashget to the mime types so you don't need the plugin. just a pain going through and assaigning all the types you want to download.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
10-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Once again Jim B to the rescue... take a bow

yingxuan
10-03-2004, 03:11 AM
*bows*