PDA

View Full Version : Opening EasyClean from icon

poppy
06-03-2004, 04:22 PM
I posted this message a few minutes ago but don't know whether it made it through cyberspace. I have a small but annoying problem in that I cannot click on the EasyClean desktop icon and get it to open. I have to right-click the icon, select Run As, and in the Run As box click OK. I have Win XP home ed. Spybot and Adaware icons open immediately, why not EasyClean I wonder?

Terry Porritt
06-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Try running the Easyclean program directly from Program Files folder. If it starts ok, then make a new desktop icon for it.

poppy
06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
thanks for your reply. No I tried that and it still doesn't open it.

J ZEP
06-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Poppy, i haven't used Easyclean before, but it almost sounds like the symptoms you get in xp when you try to run certain programs from a limited account, paticularly with older versions of programs. But i am guessing you must be using an "admin" account?. When you choose "run as" option, and o.k, you aren't opting to run in an admin account?? When you try opening it from desktop shortcut and/or Programs do you actually get an error message? or will it just not run? I think i am off track here from what you have said, as i get the impression you are just clicking o.k in the "run as"options without changing which account you run it as???

poppy
06-03-2004, 09:15 PM
No I don't get an error message. Nothing happens if I just click on the icon. Adaware and Spybot I can open from the icons but not EasyClean. It is a neat little program for cleaning up unnecessary files which clog up your system.

J ZEP
06-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Are you in an admin account? and are you using the user account the program was installed on? i.e the program wasn't installed on another admin account?
If neither of the above applies, about the only thing i would try is a reinstall of the program... It is strange that it will "run as" your account - yet won't start/run from the icon or the program .exe from within your account, backwards/ironic, lol. Maybe somebody else has some ideas...