PDA

View Full Version : opening EasyClean from icon on desktop

poppy
06-03-2004, 04:16 PM
This is a small but annoying problem. I have the latest version of ToniArts EasyClean but cannot open it from the desktop icon unless I right click, select Run As, and in the Run As box, click OK. I also have Spybot and Adaware icons and have no trouble with opening them with one click on the icon. I run Win XP Home Ed.

stu140103
07-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Have you tried removing the desktop icon from the desktop, then recreating it from copying it from the start menu?

Laura
07-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Stu:

This seems to be a duplicate copy of Poppy's post made yesterday.
(She said she "lost" one)

If you check back, you'll see she did get some answers - though not a solution last time I looked.

poppy
08-03-2004, 10:19 AM
yes Stu tried that..... stil the same result

Laura
08-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Poppy:

I was reminded by your post that I also have EasyCleaner, but hadn't run it since initial testing after set-up.

So I had a play with it last night & although I didn't want a Desktop icon, I created a Tray icon easily according to instructions.

Today, though, that has disappeared, even though I didn't choose to "Hide after use." I don't have the time now to experiment & will merely open it from the programme list.

But my point is that ToniArts icons do seem to work differently, so unless there's an EasyCleaner expert around, we may just have to live with that...?
I agree it's a handy little programme

poppy
09-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks Laura for going to all that trouble. Might have to contact Toni Helenius direct...... but in the meantime the program is still usable thank goodness. Thanks to all for your replies. If there is any update will let you know.