PDA

View Full Version : For those DVD experts ...

SKT174
06-03-2004, 02:48 PM
I have some VCD movies that uses 2 to 3 CDs to hold. I was wondering whether I can use a single DVD disc to hold? Like it will be a 3 tracks DVD with reach track representing a single VCD Dat file?

If possible, do I need some special programs to do it?

I know the quality will still be VCD quality, but t would be nice to use 2 dvds as opposed to 10 CDs :D

Cheers

robo
06-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Tricky. You need software that will specifically handle it.
I don't know anything off the top of my head but some video editing tools should handle it. It's just converting from one format to another, the medium (CD versus DVD is a non-event).
robo.

00falcon
07-03-2004, 12:52 AM
I was thinking that...
i have "backed-up" (of course) a couple of movies to SVCD... the quality is not to bad... you can happily sit there and watch them even tho they only have 2 channel sound...

wheather or not a DVD player would play SVCD format off a DVD is my question...
I know medium does not make a differance normaly... but the DVD player isnt expecting vedio on CD...?

robo
07-03-2004, 08:36 AM
I am pretty sure it is file format rather than media, but I think you would need to stitch the two parts together on the svcd. Not sure it handles playing chapters. I might have a go and see for myself. But I tend to avoid svcd because the quality is so dodgy.
robo.