PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered from DSE online?

Jester
06-03-2004, 12:03 PM
In a fit of lunacy on Tuesday I was browsing the DSE website and ordered an answerphone. I could have gone into the local DSE on Weds but had a busy week ahead so thought this would be ok, even if t cost me $5 more for courier charge.

It was showing as 'in stock' when I ordered it, now it says 'out of stock', as I have received an order confirmation and looking in 'my orders' on their site the order is showing as complete, maybe I was sent the last one? I was in Te Puke yesterday and they had one on the shelf.

Now it's Saturday, and no answerphone :(

I need it by Sunday evening, so emailed DSE ausing the internet order email address on their website - no response yet. I tried ringing the 0800 number for orders but no reply. I suspect they don't work Saturday mornings.

All I really want to know is, if anyone has received goods from DSE in the past, how long did it take, and what courier do they use (NZ Couriers?).

Cheers in advance

J
:D

PoWa
06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
I've ordered stuff from them before. probably took over a week to get it because it was out of stock. They do deliver eventually :p

I'd pop into your local DSE store (sat/sun) they're always open and get them to cancel the order, and maybe just buy one quickly off them at the store.

Davesdad
06-03-2004, 01:59 PM
My one and only order from DSE took 6 days to be dispatched and 1 day for the courier to deliver. Not good enough in my opinion and i won't order online from them again.

Davesdad

Jester
06-03-2004, 04:41 PM
It's a shame, I buy a fair bit from them, thought their online response would be as quick as others I have experienced (ie received goods 2 days after ordering).

Thanks for the feedback guys :D

godfather
06-03-2004, 04:48 PM
My one and only time was also disappointing.
Since then I have only ordered through a store (when its not a stocked item), and the service has been stunning.

JJJJJ
07-03-2004, 07:37 AM
They are just a bit of a joke. I phoned the local DSE and ordered a 19" monitor. They had three in stock and would deliver same day. When I said I would pay by credit card they said they couldn't do it because credit card orders only coe from Auckland. I phoned their 0800 number and they said they were out of stock, but would get one from one of their branches and I would have it within a week. I told them their Rotorua branch had them and could deliver today. "Oh no, we don't work that way". I told them exaxtly where to stick their monitor!!!!!
In the end I got a taxi in to their local shop. Paid by cc and was home again within half an hour. My Prelude's boot is too small for the 19 ".

You may wonder why I went back to them. In Rotorua we have a limited choice. DSE or Leeming. There's now another shop opened and I ordered a modem that they had listed on their web site. "We'll get one down for you. You should have it within a week"!!
I'm almost tempted to shift to Auck. or Wgtn. or ANYWHERE.
Jack

yingxuan
07-03-2004, 11:55 AM
I really hate the dicksmith in new plymouth .I tred buying the stuff online but it ran out of stock.My friend bought a game from them.It didn't work and it was the shop's fault.My friend went back to dicksmith and told them that the game doesn't run.They didn't refund my friend's money and lol my friend kinda yell at them.

I was looking for a new printer at dicksmith.I asked them if they could possibly do a test on the printer for me.They only had a sheet saying the specification of the printer but that was about it.it didn't really had a photo or a print sheet saying what the printer quality was.They told *we dont go going around printing pages for u.Go and shop around"
It kinda seem they wanted me to go away.I told them Oh rite Im gonna go to another shop.
I went to mason appliances and looked at a printer.My dad sent me a cheque from hk to nz for me to buy the printer.After paying for the printer.They spent 40 mins trying to find the drivers for the printer and the box plus usb cable.
They still couldn't find it after 40 mins.They offered me a discount on the print catridges although i don't really like mason after that.
They say they could get the printer software/driver for me from hewlettpackard.That would be 30 dollars please.
I went home and download the driver online.It was 15mb.took an hour to download.

Electronic shops these days seem to have bad service!

yingxuan
07-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Oh yeah.I bought a sony dne1s sony mp3 discman at mason appliances.Went to the shop pay the bill and after a week.The discman hasn't arrived yet.10 days later.Still hasn't arrived.So they called sony and sony told them.WE DONT HAVE ANY IN STOCK.MUST WAIT 1 more month!!
I withdrawl my money and lol i payed them back later again.ahaha.But yeah they charged me 50 dollars less so thats good!

yingxuan
07-03-2004, 12:03 PM
i rather buy the stuff at the shops then online because normally their quite slow except trademe and ebay!