PDA

View Full Version : is Avgcc32 a problem?

mark c
06-03-2004, 11:01 AM
I've had a look around but can't find anything definite. It keeps getting mentioned along with viruses and trojans but no mention of what it is exactly. I'Ve got AVG (problems updating in the last few days) and this looks like something to do with AVG. Avgcc32 appears in Task Manager whereas it didn't used to so I'm suspicious.

Any ideas/help much appreciatted. Win98se. Zonealarm. AVG 6.

I've run Adaware and Spybot- nothing.

Cheers. :O

drcspy
06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
it's part of the avg program lol

Chilling_Silently
06-03-2004, 11:21 AM
> it's part of the avg program lol

Correct.
(Now to just add to that a little) Its the Control Center (the cc part). IIRC, That's the part of the app which controls the real-time Anti-Virus, as well as updates etc.

Hope this helps

Chill.

Jen C
06-03-2004, 11:24 AM
> It keeps getting mentioned along with viruses and trojans but no mention of what it is exactly.

A google search of Avgcc32 will throw up many links that mention viruses and trojans because a lot of them are Hijack This logs, which will of course list Avgcc32.exe as one of the normal processes running in the background (amongst other normal process and the odd spyware/trojan which the Hijack This is used to detect). Other links will mention that Avgcc32 is one of the processes (antiviral software) that some worms/viruses/trojans will deactivate.

That fact that it is mentioned so many times along side trojans etc in google searches, is to be expected :)

mark c
06-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh OK :D :D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:

Thank you all so much. Fine. Appreciatte your responses. :)

Got a bit more to learn. :_|