PDA

View Full Version : how do i make flow charts?

yingxuan
05-03-2004, 06:16 PM
hi

Im doing an assignment.I have microsoft office 2000.Does microsoft word allows u to create flow chart.Does anybody know of a small program that can help me make flow charts?I need to type the labels in the flow charts too.Plse help!

wuppo
05-03-2004, 06:22 PM
You are better off using Excel (instead of word) to do drawings in - it is much easier to get objects where you want and not have them wander off around the sheet. :| On the Drawing toolbar, under Autoshapes, there are predefined flowchart symbols. Use 'Text Boxes' from the Drawing toolbar to add comments on to the drawing.

Jen C
05-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Adding to what wuppo said with the Word Autoshapes, you can choose various shapes from there, such as squares with rounded edges and draw the required size onto your page. You can then right-click on the new box and select "Add Text". After that you can also select from the right-click list over the box "Paragraph" where you can choose centred, justified etc as well as some additional options. You can then pick from the variety of flowchart arrow (or use simple straight arrows) to link up the boxes.

I would imagine Word help has some further information on creating flowcharts.

yingxuan
05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
I looked up flow chart on word.Only came up with chart/tables
Thanks for the help.I installed excel back on!

Rogerwilco
05-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Google came up with lotsa flowcharting sites. You'll get a free trial here

http://www.smartdraw.com/resources/centers/flowcharts/tutorial1.htm

Cheers

Scouse
05-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi yinqxuan. Depending on how complex you want the flowchart, you can do it in Word. Under Drawing, click on Draw > Grid > Display gridlines on screen > snap objects to grid, etc.
You can then insert a text box, size and position it, right click it to copy, then moving your insertion point, simply right clip to paste. Sounds a lot more complex than it is in practice. You can save the blank as a template, alter it anyway you like and type what you want in each text box. They can also be linked via the drawing tools.

00falcon
05-03-2004, 09:53 PM
have a look at powerpoint...

i think it does flow charts

Scouse
05-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Hi again Yingxuan. Forgot to mention in previous posting that on the Drawing toolbar under Autoshapes you will find all the standard flowchart boxes and symbols.

segfault
06-03-2004, 12:38 AM
You might like to have a look at Dia. It's an open source program for drawing diagrams. You should be able to export your diagram into your preferred picture format of choice and then import that into MS Word.

You can get a windows version of Dia here (http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net/)