PDA

View Full Version : Packard Bell Master CD's

xineohp
04-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Can anyone help me
I have a Packard Bell model M22200NDRW, I was starting to do the smart recovery onto CD's it started put then the program stated that it was not responding and the machine locked up (always the case when you really want it to do something, funny never locks up if it's getting a virus or spyware). The only option was to turn it off and restart. The recovery started up and I thought everything was going to be alright, however instead of the four CD's after two CD's it finished. When I went to the smart recovery the CD Icon had gone and has been replaced by a magnifying glass, so I click on that and it tells me to put in CD1 so I put in the first of the two CD's but it won't go any further. I suspect that because it locked up the first time I have only CD3 and CD4 is there any way of getting the four CD's as my machine really needs formatting and reloading.

parry
05-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Check that the last CD has been finalised in your burning software if you cant locate files. I believe the recovery discs are being created from files in a hidden drive but you can also obtain the recovery files from the net but it will be a pretty hefty download.

The problem with reinstalling is that it runs a script that installs the OS and various programs so your existing software may be deleted in the process. Do a backup of these other programs especially MyDocs, Mail etc before you do this.

Check their site (http://www.packardbell.co.nz/start.asp?CID=9) to obtain the recovery files if needed.