PDA

View Full Version : i'm gona smack my AC97 sound card soon help!!!

Taklord
03-03-2004, 09:50 PM
ok the problem is i'm running windows 2000 mother board is asus P4B the on board soundcard (AC'97)is not working properly the i've ask for help on this site before and that got me nowhere the problem with the soundcard is the noise it sounds like static i've done everything i can think and been toll to do and nothing the driver for the card is the right one and i've also try to change the "ISAPNP device" to the "Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator" that didn't work too and anyone help me if i can't fix the problem i'll have to buy a new soundcard

plz Help!!!

metla
03-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Maybe its defective,is the board newish?

if so then return it.

Murray P
03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Have checked the connections to the speaker?

Cheers Murray P

metla
03-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Just thought i would point out this is his second thread on the subject,we ran through the 10 or so most common causes with him last time.

I think he should either get someone to look at it or plug in another sound card.

Susan B
04-03-2004, 09:03 AM
> Just thought i would point out this is his second
> thread on the subject,we ran through the 10 or so
> most common causes with him last time.

In that case it would have been better to have posted in his original thread rather than start a new one.

Peter H
04-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Buy a PCI card - they are cheap - and disable the on-board one. This is the consensus of most forums re this. It's what I have done.
Bye

killrelig
07-03-2004, 10:01 PM
sounds familiar
havent read your first post so this may be old news
run dxdiag and disable your hardware acceleration for sound if its on
mine was all screwed up and fixed it
ps: mobo died 2 weeks ago,
good ridance!