PDA

View Full Version : pioneer DVR-106D

hammer
03-03-2004, 09:01 PM
i just can't get used to using XP.. keep having difficulties all round the place...
biggest prob at moment is DVD wont play properly... they show as if half the picture is missing just a lot of bright color...
have different programsto play them in..... ulead DVD movie factory... windows media player and the free real player....have alternated around for different things...
anyway.. have daemon tools... anyDVD ... and clone dvd... and have been writing them successfully till now.....
at present i can't get shop DVD's to play properly....
tried system restore to no avail......

also having difficulty using my old printer in xp even tho i have updated the drivers etc....had it working once since the change over but now seem to have lost it......did a lot of shifting around and changing plugs etc.. don't know if that did anything to it ... do they get out of sequence or anything like that...i know some of my other stuff does and there is little tricks of how to clear them....

i am definitly a beginner and an oldie.....so if you can help can you keep the language simple... i am not up on lots of the words in initials stuff

robo
04-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Can't help on the dvd but on the printer I have some questions:
Is it parallel or USB?
Does Windows "see" it? (ie when you open the printer is it there?)
What sort of printer is it?
And you are sure it is plugged in?
robo.

hammer
04-03-2004, 01:05 PM
back to printer.. yeah usb.. yeah it recognises it...just won't print with it...done all the usual updating driver... etc..

Graham L
04-03-2004, 01:13 PM
"Remove" the printer from the Printers page, then go through the installation again.

If it's a new computer, and still under guarantee (and even if it's not) the shop should be able to fix the DVD problem. It's not working correctly. :D
That's what guarantees are for.