PDA

View Full Version : can't find cd driver need help

yingxuan
03-03-2004, 05:11 PM
I've been trying to find a driver for my external cd writer .Aopen 4048.I just can';t find it at the aopen.com website.It says that the driver is not for dos.So where's the windows driver?Plse help

godfather
03-03-2004, 05:31 PM
There's usually no need to install any third party driver for your CDRW drive.

Once you install it on the system, Windows should automatically detect and install the appropriate driver for it, unless your version of Windows is very old.

To use it's basic feature (writing) you will need to install some writing software unless you use XP, in which case basic data writing software in inbuilt.

Regarding your post, I think you mean the driver is for DOS only (which makes sense, as Windows shouldn't need one)

yingxuan
04-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Im using windows 98se.So windows would need thte driver.

DOes anyone know how i can install the driver through dos?What are the commands?

sjbryce
04-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Dont know if this helps but

www.driverguide.com
login: drivers
password: all

tweak\'e
04-03-2004, 10:43 AM
you missed the bus here.

there is NO windows driver. there is a DOS driver which 99% of the time you don't need.

i assume you are having a problem with the cdwriter. it would be better if you simply posted whats is or isn't happening with it (and details of software used etc).

CYaBro
04-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Do you have the original CD that came with the CDRW??
Usually Nero or similar. The USB drivers should be on that.

yingxuan
04-03-2004, 12:33 PM
My dad sent me a floopy disk.WHich he says for ide or something.I dunno what it is???..Its not the cd driver