PDA

View Full Version : User Names

Poppa John
02-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Am using XP.
When in the Logon/off User screen there are two user names. Lets call them Poppa & the other one John.
On the desktop is an Icon to a folder called "Book". How do I move Book from User Poppa to User John, & then delete from Poppa? TIA PJ

00falcon
02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
the desktop is a folder situated at Documents & Setting's/john/desktop...

if you loged in with admin rights... you should have access to every thing... just copy it to the other desktop folder... and should be sweet...

if thats what you ment...

Poppa John
02-03-2004, 08:15 PM
00falcon. Sounds right but tell me how to do it, Thanks PJ

00falcon
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
easyiest way... as i dont know waht rights you have...

so... just copies it to the root of the C:\ drive... ( my computer--- C drive)while loged in as "whoever1" log out... log-in as "whoever2" and you will be able to get to it so just go to C: and move it to "whoever2"'s desktop...

shuld do it...

Right click-and-drag to copy/move is the easyest way..

hope that helps...

laters....

JohnD
02-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Log in as Administrator to get the necessary permissions then cut and paste in the normal manner.

Mike
02-03-2004, 08:30 PM
PJ,

With your mouse, right-click on the icon and from the menu that appears click "Cut".

Now open Windows Explorer (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer), and expand My Computer (press the + in the left-hand column next to "My Computer"). In the right hand portion of the Windows Explorer window you should see an icon called "Shared Documents". Double click on that icon. Now you should be in the Shared Documents area.

With your mouse again right-click in that Shared Documents area, but this time click "Paste" to paste the copied icon into the Shared Documents area.

Now when you log in as John, open Windows Explorer, browse to that Shared Documents area, cut the icon (Right-click and "Cut"), then close Windows Explorer and right-click and "Paste" onto John's desktop.

It's a bit long-winded, but hopefully that makes sense! :D

Mike.

Poppa John
02-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Ok Everybody, All Done. Thanks PJ