PDA

View Full Version : Activating "Link" application in MS Word

F.W.J.M.
01-03-2004, 09:28 PM
I am using MS Word 2000 and Xpl.

I Want to place a word document with inserted digital photos onto C.D.

But unless I break the link between Word and the photo file
I will only get text on the C.D..
The process of breaking links is quite clear but when I activate MS Word, Edit drop down menu the Link command is grey.

I have checked and unchecked boxes and used every option I have available but I cannot activate "Link" Can someone tell me how to do so?
Photos can be inserted in the text document without any problem but still remain linked to the photo file and thus they cannot be placed on a C.D..
What other options have I?

F.W.J.M.

mikebartnz
01-03-2004, 11:44 PM
In your document use "insert-Picture-From File" and it will actually insert the picture within the document. A linked file is not actually included within the file it is linked.

F.W.J.M.
02-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I use "Insert-Picture From File" O.K. to insert pictures in the word Document. However these pictures are still linked to Photos and are only installed in the text document after I open it. I want to install the pictures parmanently in the Word text document without a link to the photo file so that I will be able to transfer text and pictures to a C.D.

F.W.J.M.

godfather
02-03-2004, 05:52 PM
I use Word 2002, and confirm that Insert - Picture - From File, and inserting a picture by copy - paste do not create "links". The picture is embedded within the document and can be copied to a CD etc just fine.

Your problem lies somewhere a little deeper I think?

godfather
02-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Follow the instructions here:

http://www.millikin.edu/webmaster/images/insert.html

That shows the difference in actions.

F.W.J.M.
04-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Thank You "Godfather,"

The website you nominated enabled me to solve the problem.

F.W.J.M.