PDA

View Full Version : Me or SlingShot

James Busby
29-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Today I have been haveing download problems. Im using Flashget to download some files but the speed gets very unstable, the speed peeks up then it comes down to under 1kbs. Iim sure its not Flasgets fault cause its same for overnet, and when I play BF. Any one using SlingShot with same prob

heres a screenie if you wnat to see
http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/Flashget.gif

And look at my upload compression
http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/Internet.gif

tweak\'e
29-02-2004, 08:03 PM
proberly just net congestion somewhere.

btw i would cut back the number of splits used. to many can make it go a bit slower.

dumdum
29-02-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm on dial up with xtra.I was doing a 6.5 Mg download today, and at one stage it's speed was down to 0.4kbs.I actually thought it was going to stop altogether,and I got a bit nervous, as I was into 5.9mg done when the speed dropped.
I put it down to congestion as tweake said.

Pheonix
29-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Been fine all day, (Slingshot jetstream starter @ Rotorua.)

James Busby
01-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Congestion?

Mzee
03-03-2004, 02:15 PM
I have tried several ISP's with Jetstart, and Slingshot is the most consistant and very reliable.

Speed variation happens all the time. I was doing speed tests yesterday & it averaged 16.3kps. On a file download from Taiwan it dropped to 1kps.

PoWa
03-03-2004, 09:14 PM
That would be the international traffic port shaping service they run for jetstart customers.

par1
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
James,
I have been getting under 1 kb/s for quite a while now with my 256k ADSL "Unlimited" connection with Slingshot. I have sent them numerous emails regarding the p2p port shaping and they have said that the have given p2p ports low bandwidth priority and given higher priority to their I-talk VOIP.
After emailing Anette Presley at Callplus I got a response that they would "look into it" my last response was that they are aware of the problem and it was "Impacting" on their business and they were working on it but would not give any timeframe for the resolving the problem. I personally am changing ISP,s and I would suggest that the strongest protest you could make to slingshot would be the same but dont forget to email Anettep@callplus.co.nz amd tell her why.
I used a friends dial up with Paradise and got 5 to 9 kb/s

DUNK
13-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Er ...Might pay to check the date on this one!
Regards.