View Full Version : Case Scratches

cogzy
28-02-2004, 09:28 PM
What is the best way to repair case scratches

Thanks

Megaman
28-02-2004, 09:31 PM
touch up paint is good

what colour of case? or even better can you post a picture?

cogzy
28-02-2004, 09:56 PM
The case is a EXCEL 7728DBK ATX colour dark blue where I have one scratch also have another scratch on the silver part

me_ill
29-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Hmmm this may not seem as simple as one would think as most confuser cases are a matt finish so you really can't deal to the paint to touch it up properly. First off if the scratch is deep you will need to fill it and try to get some matching touch up paint - maybe your frendly automotive paint supplier.

Or one of 2

1) put a sticker over the scratch it's cheap and easy.
2) maybe it's an opportunity to customise your case with a unique paint job - some neat flames or a air brushed mural, hey you could even use it as a canvas and paint a mural by hand (I bought a car like that once man it was hard to get off)

Dolby Digital
29-02-2004, 12:57 PM
You could try a thin felt tipped pen of a similar colour. Its not a perfect solution, but unless you are looking at the case from 6 inches away (sorry 15cms? ), you wouldn't notice it.

WalOne
29-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Try using Brasso ... an old watchmaker's trick for watch glass, plus restorer's trick for perspex
B-)

metla
29-02-2004, 05:14 PM
That model case has a high sheen finish,i can see my reflection in mine.

I need a shave....

dumdum
29-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Use nail polish,(the same stuff used on finger nails),
there's a huge selection of colours available,so it should be quite easy to get a good colour match.;)

me_ill
02-03-2004, 10:17 AM
If it's a high gloss case try automotive rubbing compound, you can quite often dress it up a little with verrrrrrrry fine wet and dry sandpaper first (use it wet)

If you are able to find a nail polish that match's be careful is if the original finish is also a laqer it will soften and you may end up with a mess - BUT even worse it could react with the original finish and act like a paint remover also.

Why not try one of those coloured wax's or a touch up pen

albatross
02-03-2004, 10:45 AM
The methods you are sugesting me_ill will do more damage than good.
The paint on the cases is called stoving enamel, which means it was applied either wet,or electrostatically,then put in an oven to bake.Apart from scratching,it is highly unlikely any solvents can do any damage to it,
this is one of the toughest types of paint available.Fridges,office furniture,shop shelving,computer cases,just to name a few are all finished this way.
Dumdum's suggestion would be the best option in this case.

Cheer's.

A.