PDA

View Full Version : Opening a PC Company tower case

mozz12
28-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Has anyone had trouble opening a PC Company tower case, thought that I would ask before I attack it with a screwdriver....or is there an easy way in.

Susan B
28-02-2004, 05:52 PM
I am not entirely sure about PC Co cases but I think if you slip your hand underneath the front of the computer you should find a latch type of thing. If so, give that a pull to remove the plastic front cover and then you should find some screws to undo to remove the rest of the case.

If that isn't right then there are plenty of others here who will know how. :-)

Jen C
28-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Nearly had it Susan :)

Slip your fingers underneath the bottom of the front face and give a pull outwards. The front cover is only held on with plastic clips and should be quite easy to remove. You will find the case side screws hidden underneath. Removing those will give you access to each side of the case.

MrBeef
28-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Yes Susan, thats right

Either bottom or top you can rip the front of the computer off and then find some screws to the side cover, make sure ya dont get the side with the Mobo attached. ANd theres probably some at the back to :)

mozz12
28-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks you guys, normally I just start unscrewing etc but this is mine and cant afford to replace it so have to be more careful than normal :o)

Susan B
28-02-2004, 06:23 PM
> Thanks you guys, normally I just start unscrewing etc but this is mine and cant afford to replace it so have to be more careful than normal

Good grief! Do you mean to say that if you damage someone else's computer you don't replace the busted bits? :O

In that case (pun intended) I won't be letting you near my babies in a hurry. :D

Mzee
28-02-2004, 07:33 PM
WARNING

Be very careful not to snag the cover on the CD bezel. I ruined a CD Writer by doing this, stripped the rack inside. :(

Zatnic
28-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Who or what is the "PC Company"?

:^O

mozz12
28-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Tongue in cheek answer re the screwdriver, just been scrapping a whole load of old pc's at work so need to get back into careful mode... ;0)

Graham L
29-02-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised that noone suggested an axe.:D Some people had an irrational aversion to PC Company products.

R2x1
29-02-2004, 04:17 PM
ALL my aversions are rational, I had
a _____q, and have never been
quite so trusting since. :O ;)

R2