PDA

View Full Version : temporary files and more

yingxuan
28-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Could anyone recommend me a good program that can delete unwanted files like temporary files,urls,history etc ?

Billy T
28-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Most of what you need is already in your browser.

If using Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options. There you can delete temporary internet files, surfing history, cookies, content stored offline etc.

There are programs available (I use Historykill on one box) but unless you are paranoid the built in facilities are good enough for most people's needs.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Gods-Hitman
29-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Tweat-XP Pro 2.0
(Theres a Full Verson of it in this months APC)
its free (well on this months APC) and it cleans all the things you can think of..

Screen Shot Of Things It Can Clean:
http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/das.jpg

Billy T
01-03-2004, 08:57 AM
I hope it clears more than that list Zayd. Are there other menus items that are not shown on your screen shot?

There is nothing much of any file-size significance there, for example it doesn't clear temporary internet files which can add up to GB if you surf regularly, and it doesn't clear cookies.

It won't wipe out the dreaded index.dat files either, but to be fair the browser won't either and you will need another third party utility or a dos batch file for that.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Pheonix
01-03-2004, 09:36 AM
You might like to try this freebee (http://www.webattack.com/get/3s.html) then.

Billy T
01-03-2004, 05:07 PM
That will do it alright. Just what the doctor ordered.

I assume you have tried it?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Pheonix
01-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes, had it on for a couple of months. Use JV16 now, given "temp files" the folders to clean out and it works OK. The only reason I got rid of it was to "rationalize" the number of programs.

Gods-Hitman
01-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Thats a first time any ones used me realy name in an forum o well gess theres a first time for it.

But any way
No just what it says there and The BIN and Recent Files
and it has all the ather things like Tweaks and stuff and it free
and it kills all win zip and stuff like that

but yea If u use this and Windows it would make a good pack