PDA

View Full Version : Systemworks 2004 - Cleansweep

ronmar
28-02-2004, 04:32 PM
When using clean sweep in systemworks 2004 it does not completely clear but leaves behind some 120 156 kb. I have re installed system works but get the same result each time. The message is that the items left will be cleaned out but nothing happens. The "brush" starts to move but stops instantly, no error message. When there is more than 156 kb it clears down to this figure.
Has anyone had this problem and how can it be fixed?

tweak\'e
28-02-2004, 08:19 PM
what are you truing to remove or cleamsweep off the pc ???

ronmar
28-02-2004, 10:25 PM
As I understand it , and I quote,

Fast and Safe Clean Sweep
"quickly removes unnecessary files to free up disk space." and
"removes old software applications and other unneeded files" and
"files that fast and safe should delete, includes internet history, internet cache, recycle bin, lost clusters, and windows temporary files.

All of the above is taken from the user guide for Norton System Works 2004.

I hope this helps

tweak\'e
28-02-2004, 10:30 PM
i'm not sure if thats actually a problem. you havn't mentioned what files are being left behind that you want removed.

at a guess its most likly files that it can't remove due to them being in use eg index.dats.

ronmar
28-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I was hoping to avoid a build up of temporary windows and internet files and then schedule the process to happen at regular intervals say every other day. I would have assumed that the process of removing the files that Clean sweep is supposed to remove would leave a zero amount after operating clean sweep. I have used spider and adaware, the result is still the same. Could these files be some form of worm and or virus posing as internet history files? My anti virus info is up to date I updated it when I re loaded it earlier today.
I have had this software installed some six months and it has worked perfectly until now and I assume it would have reacted previously to index.dats files.
If all else fails I will ring symantec on Monday and use their 0800 number and hopefully get a coherent answer.