PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Installation/Driver

Ritzz
28-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi

I got Philips CRT 107S56 monitor but Windows XP is not picking it up and still having the settings on prev 15 inch monitor setting. How can install correct drivers for this new monitor or get Windows XP to detect it. Did look up on Philips website but they dont list any downloads for this CRT. or do i just get it to install as PnP monitor?

Thanks

Ritzz

Jaguar
28-02-2004, 03:22 PM
I take it that it's not a Plug And Play monitor?

Try installing a generic driver for the monitor, because Phillips obviously don't seem to have the monitor driver.

If you can't find a generic driver, attempt to simply uninstall the driver there, and see what happens... though I'm not sure if that would really help.

Try contacting Phillips?

Wait for more intelligent people to reply. I'm just thinking of the top of my head.

robsonde
28-02-2004, 03:22 PM
just call it a PnP and it should be all good.

Ritzz
28-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Also the picture/screen appears to be squashed. Do i need to change vertical/horizontal setting to expand it to right size or is this done automatically when correct monitor is detected. At the moment the monitor is at factory setting. Do i leave it as it is or do i need to change it.

Thankx

Ritzz

godfather
28-02-2004, 04:01 PM
All a monitor driver will do is restrict the viewing and access to settings available from your system to those the monitor can actually handle.

Its not essential to have the exact monitor driver at all, if the monitor is happy with the settings you want.

Only a few monitors require special software to configure their settings, with most its done from controls/buttons/menus on the monitor. Only these rarer types will be able to be adjusted from the computer, the rest need manual adjustment on the monitor.

You need to make size adjustments on the monitor, provided there are on-board settings to do so. Factory settings are just those. Its not in the factory now.

Mzee
28-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I have the same problem with a Phillips monitor.
It is fine on 600x480 but refuses to widen enough for 800x600, leaves a black strip on each side.
I have tried it with XP, W95, ME & NT, all the same. If I increase the refresh rate above 60 it fills the screen but intelaces & is terrible.
I have checked that the video drivers are correct. I tried to set the Monitor to Phillips, but went crazy each time & I had to go into safe mode to get out of it.
Mine has adjustment knobs on the front, also some on the back, but still will not go wide enough.

Terry Porritt
28-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Mzee, that sounds like a very ancient Philips SVGA, with the rear controls for setting the display size for 800x600 at 60Hz.

If it is throw it away, it's no use these days.