PDA

View Full Version : Like wading through wet concrete getting anywhere online

Carol T
28-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Yesterday and today I have a problem. Run 98SE on dialup with Globe.Net.Nz and getting usual connection speeds of 52,000 or 50,666 showing. Since yy pages take forever to load, if they do. I'm getting lots of 'Page cannot be displayed' messages. ISP is showing 'no current problems' in memo box on their home page, and call centre op today said no messages about any probs, and they are advised if there are any. Now, I only use about 1/10th of my hard-drive, don't download weird stuff, do run regular virus checks etc., even limit what kicks in on startup (thanks, guys, I learned how to do that here!). Any suggestions?

mark c
28-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Have you checked for spyware and dodgyware?

Have you done the maintenance?

Check the FAQs or go get Spybot S&D (Search & Destroy)

Tip: enter spybot into the search field top left and find a link and then download and install and run.

I'm a sort of late newbie and like you have learnt heaps here. HTH :D

mark c
28-02-2004, 02:07 PM
http://security.kolla.de/

there it is. :)

Carol T
28-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for your reply...yes, I already use Spybot and had run that, but thanks for the suggestion.

drcspy
28-02-2004, 05:38 PM
try control panel/add remove programs.......find Internet Explorer there and left clik it then clik the remove/change button...........you'll get a box with three choices take the 'repair' option...........

Carol T
28-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Hug! Hug! Kiss! Kiss! Thank You! I did that, Perry, and (apart from triggering scandisk when my computer reset) it was an instant transformation and pages are loading heaps faster now. Gee, I love this forum...and people who bother to type a few words that make all the difference for others!

drcspy
28-02-2004, 06:56 PM
:):):)