PDA

View Full Version : icq sms/texting...

J ZEP
27-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi, just a quick question to any of you who use icq texting/sms - i have read previous threads but all are quite old.

Is it still possible to text using icq to an 021 vodafone? I haven't used sms for awhile but never used to have any probs, however my friend told me today she hadn't been able to do it for months?? And I have been trying to txt/sms my godson on his new 021 it appears to send but apparently never gets there? At least you know when you get the message that the "network is unavailable" etc... that it didn't go...
My friend has no probs txting him from puter using vodafone though.

Is it still possible to do? Or have i just hit a heavy traffic time or something?

Cheers
J

yingxuan
27-02-2004, 07:24 PM
i use icq text everyday.IT is still possible.You can only send text to vodafone 021 numbers.If you try to send texts to teleom mobile.Icq just says no network error.....
Icq text is not very reliable.I did a small text.My friend sent me 4 text messages using icq.3 of them got to me.One of them drifted into pluto somewhere.I never received it.
To be honest.I think that if you were to send text messages to people.It pays to send the same message twice just incase the first one doesn't go through.
I sent 10 texts to someone 6 of the texts she received.
Make sure that when you send texts to icq you tell icq to leave out the zero.So its +6421....... otherwise it'll say the no network thing again.

J ZEP
27-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback, i will keep trying then. And yes i knew we could only send to 021 no's.
Another thing i am curious about is my friend is texting from the vodafone site and i had a quick browse there and was under the impression that you still got charged 20c on your account for each txt?(she is prepaid) am i wrong there? As she says she hasn't been charged anything yet?

Cheers

yingxuan
28-02-2004, 05:05 AM
yeah it is 20 cents.I haven't tried texting there though.I guess I should try and see if i get charge 20 cents.haha!