PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player using WinXP

xineohp
27-02-2004, 12:50 PM
I have a dvd player that I have put into a machine running WinXP it now tells me that I can change the region only 5 times after the 5th time it will lock on that region. I have had this DVD unit in my Win98 machine for the past three years and have played multi zone DVD's more than 5 times. Why has this happened and is there anything I can do to stop the unit locking on one region.

hamstar
27-02-2004, 01:01 PM
screw them. bloody microsoft. maybe not. maybe so. If it does lock download cloneCD, copy the dvd to your hard drive and play it through the virtualdrive. :-)

Theres probably some kind of crack for it tho.

Chilling_Silently
28-02-2004, 05:32 AM
From my experience, CloneCD has a hard enough time copying CD's, let alone DVD's...

Try DVD Shrink from dvdshrink.org
DVD Dectyptor is another for making .ISO's
DVD2DVD-R is another good App that will come in handy :-)

dvdidle.com is home of DVD Region-Free which allows you to play DVD's on any Drive, be it region locked or not. This software is well worth the look, but if you cant affor to pay for it, then look into DVD Shrink!

Chill.

tweak\'e
28-02-2004, 10:59 AM
looks like your dvd is unlocked, however you need to defeat the software region codeing thats built into the dvd software that you are useing. its easy enough as theres several free apps that can do that. such as this one (http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml).