PDA

View Full Version : Canon BJC-2000SP

Sherilee
26-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I bought one of these 2nd hand from a friend.
She didn't know much about it. Press print and it goes sort of thing.
It didn't have a colour cartridge in it but the printer works fine in black and white.
I bought a colour cartridge but it is very faint and comes out as lines instead of block.
If the font is in colour it comes out blank.
Beats me. Any ideas please???????????????????

I know it is an oldie but it is a second printer to use with my Laptop and its nice and small.

rsnic
26-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Yeah I got one of those, only use it for black and white too but colour works. Make sure you have the right drivers installed.

Sherilee
26-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Just realised the Carriage may be clogged........... Rinsed it in warm water and I am getting a bit of colour but faded. Wonder what I could clean them with. Tried the cleaning on Maintenance but that had no effect but rinsing it sure made a difference. Need something else to clean it but what?????????????????????

Alasta
26-02-2004, 09:06 AM
It sounds like a faulty print head. If you buy a BC-21 printhead unit, then it should solve the problem. However, this will set you back about $120, so it's probably more economical to just buy a new printer.

Gotta love this throwaway society. :)

zqwerty
26-02-2004, 05:32 PM
You have pulled the sealing tape off the top of the cartridge haven't you.
Sorry to state the obvious if you have done it, but I have fixed printers for other people that have this problem.

CU Rob.

Sherilee
26-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Sealing Tape?? No comprende - it had a little plastic thing on it

zqwerty
26-02-2004, 08:06 PM
As I remember they have a sealing tape on the top of the ink containers which must be pulled off or else you get exactly what you are talking about. It is an air hole which allows air to come in the top as ink goes out the bottom.

CU Rob.

Billy T
26-02-2004, 08:26 PM
If it had no colour cartridges in it you can just about bet that the heads will be clogged with dried ink. There have been some posts recently about how toclear clogged heads, but before you play, give it several runs of the head cleaning program as that often works in the end. printing out the Canon head-test sheet will give you an idea of how many heads are clogged and you can monitor progress.

You can try soaking them in warm to hot water with some ammonia in it, and alcohol (meths) might work with some inks.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

roofus
27-02-2004, 07:27 AM
> Sealing Tape?? No comprende - it had a little
> plastic thing on it

LOL, sometimes it pays to read the instructions eh! Try removing the plastic strip if it is still over the nozzles.