PDA

View Full Version : Installing OfficeXP Pro

AZREAL
25-02-2004, 04:17 PM
I was just trying to install Office XP Pro (in Windows XP Pro) but soon a message pops up saying: "Error 1311. Sourcefile not found: D:\Office\CAB Verify that the file exists and you can access it."
It is a hidden file in the CD-ROM and I found it but still I can't install it...
Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advanced

AZREAL
25-02-2004, 04:21 PM
BTW.... I've installed this Office XP Pro before but this is just a reinstallation since I have just recently formatted my hard drive.

Sb0h
25-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Couple of things you can try. Have you updated your fresh OS install with the latest service pack? You may have an outdated version of the installer.

Otherwise you can try copying the contents of the Office XP disc to your HDD and change the attributes/permissions on the .cab file that you can't seem to access and run the install from your HDD. You may find the permissions on the file are set to no-one or you may need to change the "hidden" attribute.

AZREAL
25-02-2004, 04:37 PM
No.... Everything in my OS is up to date.....
There used to be no problems for me to install the Office......

Sb0h
25-02-2004, 04:44 PM
I would try copying the disc to a folder on your harddrive and run the install from there. Check the permissions for the .cab file first (in the security tab) and make sure you have the permission to execute the file and I'd also change the attributes so it wasn' hidden anymore. That should fix it.

AZREAL
25-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Ok I'll try

AZREAL
25-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey it worked........
Thanks for the help!:-)