PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Wholesale Parts

Lohsing
25-02-2004, 11:40 AM
I was recently given a dealer price list current for February. Why is it that the so called "dealer" costs are still significantly higher than what can be found on Pricespy??

Is it just an expensive wholesaler I've come across or what?

Lo.

CYaBro
25-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Sounds like the wholesaler is just very expensive!

I get dealer pricelists all the time and every now and check to see what the prices are like on pricespy and most of the time they less but sometimes they pretty much the same.

Lohsing
25-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Hmmm... I'd appreciate that... Maybe I just need to cast the net further to see what other dealers i can come up with?!

Lo.

Graham L
25-02-2004, 12:51 PM
If you want cheap "wholesale" prices you have to buy wholsesale quantities.It costs the wholesaler as much to sell you one item as a pallet. If you buy a pallet, you'll get a better unit price. What you dowith the other 9999 parts is up to you.:D

You see this most with groceries. The corner shop can't buy 6 cans of cat food from his wholesaler at the unit price a supermarket pays for the same thing by the pallet load. The corner shop would prefer to stock up at the supermarket.;p-)

Lohsing
25-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Except that this wholesaler promoted themselves saying that the same price would be extended to me regardless of quantity purchased.

That said, I totally understand and agree with what you mean about the wholesale quantities.

Lo.

tweak\'e
25-02-2004, 08:33 PM
it can often depend on where the wholesaler buys their stock from. some use the NZ agents for that brand but often there are other parallal importers that can bring in the same product cheaper. i had some that where selling some products at wholesale at higher prices than most where retailing it. however the catch can sometimes be the warranty or repair of faulty goods, exspecially where one off imports are concerned. their prices may be cheap but their service may not be worth the $$$.

the other thing to keep in mind not a lot of wholsalers will deal with small retailers/techs. some require minimum purchase amounts and if your buying power is split between lots of companies you may not make the minium.

also some prices at pricespy are one off specials sold at cost to gain customers.

who is the wholesaler?

zminos
25-02-2004, 10:38 PM
you might also have to "satisfy" the wholesaler that you are legitimate ie by showing the owner that you yourself are a owner/operator of a business that has relevence to them - like someone who owns a para rubber is not going to want lawnmower parts :D

:)

metla
25-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Computer wholesalers in NZ will praticly force themselves on anyone they think will buy off them.

well,some of them will anyway.

Lohsing
26-02-2004, 08:36 AM
> Computer wholesalers in NZ will praticly force
> themselves on anyone they think will buy off them.
>
> well,some of them will anyway.

Any tips on which ones? :D ... I just hate paying retail...

Lo.