PDA

View Full Version : trade me

yingxuan
24-02-2004, 03:04 PM
IF the reserve price has not been met in an auction for example this auction
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0344-0900-1140-0182-/auction-9094760.htm

Does this mean that the username hasibis will not be able to buy the phone?I don't understand.Plse help!

yingxuan
24-02-2004, 03:09 PM
i am buying this phone http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0344-0900-1140-0182-/auction-9065773.htm

If i win the bid and nobody out bids me and since the reserve price is not met.Does that mean i can't buy the phone?
seems a bit strange!

_david_
24-02-2004, 03:14 PM
yes, the reserve price is what the seller is willing to sell at, so if its not meet they are not willing to part with the phone for that price. if you want to, you can email the seller at the end of the auction and they may want to set a price offer that you can then accept it if its in your price range.

Graham L
24-02-2004, 03:18 PM
The value of a thing is what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller. The key word is "willing". The vendor is not willing to accept less than the reserve.

yingxuan
24-02-2004, 03:44 PM
If i win the auction but hasn't the reserve.I should be able to get the seller's address correct?

Graham L
24-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Probably not. ;-) There was no sale. Trademe make their money by taking a commission on sales. They don't want to make it easy for people to make private deals.

albatross
24-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Yingxuan,

A bit of a tip here regarding bidding on these auctions.

Wait until the auction is in it's last half hour before you bid, the last 5-10 minutes is best and if the reserve has not been met and you want the product, just match the reserve.
Doing it this way gives other bidders less time to place their bids before it closes.
;)

yingxuan
24-02-2004, 04:14 PM
thanks for that!

Odin
24-02-2004, 04:43 PM
If you win the auction but it hasn't met reserve then you will be given the option to request a fixed price or have the aution relisted. It will be up to the seller if they wish to offer you a fixed price and if they do then you have 2 days to accept it, the offer is usually sent to other bidders as well so first in first served.

MaryJane
24-02-2004, 07:54 PM
You don't always have to keep bidding until the reserve is met. If the highest bid is fairly close to the reserve when the auction is finished the seller has the option of offering the item at a fixed price which may sometimes be lower than what the reserve was. Of course, you don't know what the reserve is until it is reached or the auction is finished.

yingxuan
26-02-2004, 08:39 AM
if i deposit money from my bank account to the other persons bank account.When he goes to the bank and check where the money comes from Does my name and bank branch appears or is it only the name?

Susan B
26-02-2004, 01:06 PM
> if i deposit money from my bank account to the other persons bank account.When he goes to the bank and check where the money comes from Does my name and bank branch appears or is it only the name?

Only your account number will display. Your name will not appear unless you write it down in the Reference field on the deposit slip.

If you transfer money online, however, your name will appear then, along with your account number.