PDA

View Full Version : internet connection sharing not working

robert6655
24-02-2004, 09:47 AM
I have 3 windows xp computers all networked, my Ihug adsl comes in on a usb modem to one of them, it is then shared to both the other computers.

now recently both of the other computers have been away for one reason or another and now i cannot get them to use the shared internet anymore, when i go into the network connections page it shows "Ihug adsl on "DAD" connected" but wont go anywhere on the internet when i use ie or mozilla or anything.

HELP!

whiskeytangofoxtrot
24-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Go to the Network Connections option in Control Panel and re-run the home networking wizard - the machine has probably dropped all the previous network configuration.

robert6655
24-02-2004, 10:34 AM
thanks for the advice but i have already done this at least twice and to no avail, any other suggestions?

Davesdad
24-02-2004, 10:52 AM
On the two remote computers look in TCP/IP properties to see if the preferred DNS is the IP of the computer that connects to the internet and under advanced check that the default gateway IP address is the same as above.

Bobble
24-02-2004, 01:53 PM
When these computers were 'away' were they used for the internet? You've probably checked already, but perhaps they're just set up to dial in rather than go thru the network?

Are all 3 computers still using the network ok or does that have problems too?